Monday, June 26, 2017

Life after Dota : Day 1


Well ! Well !
Yesterday evening something struck me. I started to wonder about the value of the precious time that i had been wasting all along playing or enjoying DOTA 2.

Suddenly i had this urge, to just

  1. Open my steam 
  2. Uninstall DOTA 2 
  3. Uninstall Steam 
  4. Sit back in Peace.
And you know what? I did that! I actually did. Though my friends from "DOTA 2 Brethren" tried to convince me to come back ( Well ! who wouldn't have liked to come back after so much persuasion ) but something inside had just realized , that maybe it was the right time to call , " I Quit! ".  

For those people who don't know what i am talking about, as per Wikipedia ( Well its Wikipedia , the easiest of the references i could use , right? ) 
Dota 2 is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. The game is the stand-alone sequel to Defense of the Ancients (DotA), which was a community-created mod for Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion pack, The Frozen ThroneDota 2 is played in matches between two teams of five players, with each team occupying and defending their own separate base on the map. Each of the ten players independently controls a powerful character, known as a "hero", who all have unique abilities and styles of play. During a match, a player and their team collects experience points and items for their heroes in order to fight through the opposing team's heroes and other defenses. A team wins by being the first to destroy a large structure located in the opposing team's base, called the "Ancient".
So, now that we have established the context , i think i should continue my banter .

Post Leaving DOTA symptoms/benefits :

  • Head felt light. It was hurting initially but then it felt light 
  • I suddenly realized the day had 24hours that can be used to do something more constructive 
  • My eyes felt better. Maybe, i wont need to visit the optician after all 
  • The laptop also improved its performance, now it works faster 
  • Hard disk has more space to be used for storing something which would be worth my time 
  • Now, i give less number of "You know what" to others and just can enjoy reading about DOTA 2, which i liked more than playing, maybe i can cast games or be a coach or something.
But, why this sudden urge to stop doing something which i would rave about, love to allot my time to. Sometimes skip classes to do so or stay awake late night just to play that one last game? 

Well, i will talk about all that in my next post.  

I know ! I know! Nobody is going to read this blog post. But ,  i would like to take my chances here.

Also, if you do read. Thanks ! Stay Blessed !! 


Picture Courtesy : Valve Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment